Programme Risk Management & Planning
- baselining a competitive yet justifiably realistic schedule and cost contingency
- multiple suppliers delivering new technology components
- the integration of technologies not yet invented but designed into the solution
- justifiable and well-reasoned management contingency
- balancing the levels of complexity with practicality
- ever-changing and emergent customer requirements.
Working on the top team with Directors and Senior Management from both countries, we assembled a large, comprehensive and robust risk register in order to baseline a five-year rolling wave plan grounded in reality.
Although the difficulties and complexities of provisioning a five-year programme plan were considerable, not to mention the severe time constraints within which the top team had to operate, we delivered a risk-register and integrated programme plan that were approved at programme and Board level as meeting all the quality criteria expected of a multi-billion pound contract and plan to deliver.